Subtitle

Warning: Expect foul language. I often blog when sleep deprived, and even when I'm not sleep deprived I cuss.
Warning the second: TMI often occurs. Read at your own risk. Feel free to laugh at my expense (I know I do!).
Warning the third: I suppose I should just put a general Trigger Warning here. I talk about mental illness (Anxiety, panic disorder, depression, social shit), abuse (rarely), and my fucked up relationship with food. And...other things. Actually, just consider this a general warning: If you might be triggered by things, you probably should read no further.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Mine.

There's a spot in my heart labelled 'Mine'. It's not the spot for loving myself, it's the spot for special people. Special people who mean a whole lot to me and who I would do a whole lot for. It doesn't necessarily entail romance, though it could, it just means that the person who has a spot there is mine and I am theirs. My bfam is there, as is My Tom and Wendy, My Jerome and Francisca, My Carolyn, My Brendan, My Bob (that one's a nickname ;) ), My Chris and a few other Mines. They have the right to claim me as theirs, even though we are not "involved". It's not just my chosen family, because there are members of my chosen family who aren't there. It's the people who make me feel that I am accepted for who I am, with all my faults and foibles, and for that they get my devotion and loyalty. A lot of people can't really handle my devotion and loyalty, so the Mines are special indeed!
Being Mine means that I will always care what happens to them. It means I will hurt for them when they're hurting, and I will be ecstatic for them when they're happy. It means I'll be honest when they're being asshats, and cheer them on when they're being particularly awesome ;). It means I will listen and I will talk. It means I will do my best to cheer them up when they are down, or offer a shoulder if they just need to cry. It means they are my Capital F Friends. They're Mine. I am intensely protective of them, but that doesn't mean I want to fence them in. I just want to beat the crap out of anyone who hurts them (even if I can't and/or am not allowed to). I want to share all good fortune with them and they are the people who rank at the tippyTOP of my heart and mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment