Subtitle

Warning: Expect foul language. I often blog when sleep deprived, and even when I'm not sleep deprived I cuss.
Warning the second: TMI often occurs. Read at your own risk. Feel free to laugh at my expense (I know I do!).
Warning the third: I suppose I should just put a general Trigger Warning here. I talk about mental illness (Anxiety, panic disorder, depression, social shit), abuse (rarely), and my fucked up relationship with food. And...other things. Actually, just consider this a general warning: If you might be triggered by things, you probably should read no further.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Oooooo, Spring!

I walked out of the house this morning and could smell spring rain. The climate here may not be kind to my fibro, but the smells, oh! the smells, they make me happy. I love the smell right before and after it rains in the springtime.
Before it rains you can smell it. It's like...it's like smelling the sea without the salt. It's just incredibly fresh and kind of sweet smelling. Some mornings it's better than coffee, because I just take a deeeeeep breath, hold it for a second then let it out. I feel filled up with springtime, like flower with the rain.
The smell after it rains is completely different. It's no longer the potential rain I'm smelling, it's earth, leaves, flowers, trees, growth, just life I guess. Flowers smell different after the rain, the stronger smelling ones don't smell quite as strong but somehow are more potent at the same time. It's like...I don't know, it's kind of like rain brings out the essence of the flower, but it's mixed with the rain so it's...diluted essence?

No comments:

Post a Comment