Subtitle

Warning: Expect foul language. I often blog when sleep deprived, and even when I'm not sleep deprived I cuss.
Warning the second: TMI often occurs. Read at your own risk. Feel free to laugh at my expense (I know I do!).
Warning the third: I suppose I should just put a general Trigger Warning here. I talk about mental illness (Anxiety, panic disorder, depression, social shit), abuse (rarely), and my fucked up relationship with food. And...other things. Actually, just consider this a general warning: If you might be triggered by things, you probably should read no further.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

O Frabjous Day!

Callooh! Callay! I hung out with my fantabulously wonderful friend Sonya (who I haven't seen in 3 years) today. So great! I cannot express! Though I was reminded of something...
See...my filters aren't so great, which is why I am incredibly honest. The thing is...this means that I say things without thinking of my audience. So I made a few slips in front of her 14 year old daughter. I've never had a great filter to start with, but it's almost disappeared over the last few years. I've even used foul language in front of my mother which is, uh...awkward. As I look back my ability to filter seems to be directly related to how much stress I am under. As my anxiety worsened, more and more of my brain and coping skills were required to function at work. As the stress level in my marriage grew, more and more of my brain and coping skills were required even when I *wasn't* at work. Eventually my filters were almost non-existent. Now I get to rebuild them so I can be a better, more socially acceptable, me! Also so I don't inadvertently use foul language in front of a teenager and her mother. And particularly so I remember not to use foul language in front of my mother!
Edit:
OW OW OW OW OW. I don't mind getting a sunburn when I had the opportunity to put on sunscreen and didn't. But why did it have to be on my knee?? I am soooo tired, but I can't sleep because I have a sunburn on the inside of my knee so no matter what I do I just can't get comfortable...
It was totally worth it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment