Subtitle

Warning: Expect foul language. I often blog when sleep deprived, and even when I'm not sleep deprived I cuss.
Warning the second: TMI often occurs. Read at your own risk. Feel free to laugh at my expense (I know I do!).
Warning the third: I suppose I should just put a general Trigger Warning here. I talk about mental illness (Anxiety, panic disorder, depression, social shit), abuse (rarely), and my fucked up relationship with food. And...other things. Actually, just consider this a general warning: If you might be triggered by things, you probably should read no further.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 30

Last day of the photo challenge :). Day 30 is a picture that makes you smile.
That's me, I'm not sure how old I was. Somewhere around four would be my guess. When I'm feeling down I can look at that picture and remember who I am. Even though I have multiple disorders, it doesn't matter. This picture is who I am. I delight in the trivial because that's where joy is found. I am happy in this picture and that makes me smile. Because even though I may have depression, it does not define who I am. Even if I have anxiety, phobias and maybe a touch of agoraphobia, that does not limit me. I am more than than the sum of my parts. I am unique, beautiful, courageous, articulate, silly, joyous, strong and completely imperfect. Why shouldn't I take joy in that? My shoes may come untied, I may be absentminded, I may be irritatingly hyper at times, but I am perfect in my imperfections. And you know what else? If you're lucky enough to be someone who can accept the whole messed up package, I am the best friend you will ever have. I will laugh, cry, fight, dance or even die for you, if you're willing to love and accept me for who and what I really am.
Trust me, I'm worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment